The real estate sector in India like many other areas is regulated by a comprehensive web of central and state legislation. Our Real Estate practice helps the clients decipher this web and to accomplish the desired transaction. We represent real estate developers, users and financers including lenders and investors and advise on all aspects of real estate transactions including:
- Negotiation of real estate acquisitions and sales anywhere in India, drafting of conveyance, financing and other documents and securing registration and enforcement of the agreements through judicial process;
- Leases, sub-leases and license arrangements for retail, office space, industrial and commercial space;
- Real estate development and construction agreements for commercial, industrial, mixed use and residential complexes;
- Real estate financing, structuring and drafting of documentation for mortgages, trust deeds and other financing transactions; and
- Land acquisition process, title searches, appearances before regulatory authorities for permissions and approvals.
- Raffles Singapore’s Indian JV in pan India property verification & leases;
- SAB Hospitality in contracts for multi-cuisine restaurants;
- Omaxe Limited on taxability on lease of real estate; and
- Educomp Infrastructure on FDI in a construction sector JV including financing vehicles.