With the increasing entry of global entities into India and the growing awareness of intellectual property protection within India, not only is valuable intellectual property entering India but Indian companies are also enthused to protect their intellectual property assets. To improve and expand safeguards for intellectual property simultaneously with developments in commerce and trade, the industry, Government and the judiciary are increasingly working cohesively.
At LexCounsel, we assist our clients on all aspects of protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including:
- Trademarks and Service Marks Filing, drafting, renewal, restoration, prosecution and hearing; applications for registration of trade mark/certification mark for single and additional classes, for registration of a registered user, for directions for advertisement of assignment without goodwill, for amendment and for change of name/address for service and for variation; oppositions, rectifications and appeals; response and hearing before the Registry; request for Registrar's advice as to distinctiveness; conducting searches for mark in one or more classes; and drafting of all documentation including affidavits, assignment/license deeds and registered user agreements.
- Copyright Filings, drafting, prosecution and appearances; applications for registration of copyright, for license for translation/publication/reproduction, for prevention of importation of infringing copies and for registration of changes in the register of copyrights.
- Patents Filings, preparation of documents, prosecution and withdrawals; applications with provisional or complete specification, for registration of document/title, claims, priority claims, requests for examination of applications, and amendments; preparation of drawings; name index searches, equivalent patent or subject matter searches; inspection of Register of Patents; drafting assignment/license deeds, oppositions, litigation and opinions.
- Representation before offices of the Trade Marks Registry, Patent Office, Intellectual Property Appellate Board, the Registrar of Copyrights, District Courts and High Courts across the country, and the Supreme Court of India.
- Swiss watch manufacturer in its IP related issues;
- A technology company in transfer of intellectual rights of technology with pending provisional patent application; and
- Educomp in business transfer involving assignment of intellectual property including trademark and copyrighted content.